(Pursuant to EU Reg. 2016/679, hereinafter “GDPR”)
BURGIO. S.R.L (hereinafter “Burgio.”) with registered office in Florence, 50123, Via Francesco Domenico Guerrazzi 8, is the Data Controller of your personal data collected through this website burgio-online.com (hereinafter, the “Website”) and the social media pages in use at Burgio. (hereinafter, “Social Pages”). We would like to remind you that Burgio. will process your data in accordance with current regulations and as set forth below.
1. Categories of personal data
Burgio. collects and processes the following data from those who access and visit the Website and/or Social Pages:
1.1 Automatically collected personal data
- Navigation data: the computer systems and software procedures used to operate this Website acquire, during their normal operation - including through the use of technical cookies - some personal data whose transmission is implicit in the use of Internet communication protocols. This information is not collected to be associated with identified interested parties, but by its very nature could, through processing and association with data held by third parties, allow users to be identified. This category of data includes the IP addresses or domain names of the computers used by users connecting to the Website, the URI (Uniform Resource Identifier) notation addresses of the requested resources, the time of the request, the method used in submitting the request to the server, the size of the file obtained in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the response given by the server (successful, error, etc.) and other parameters relating to the user’s operating system and computer environment.
1.2 Personal data directly provided by you
- Personal information (e.g., first name, last name); contact and contact details (such as email address, address, telephone number, and mobile phone number); account name and password; payment details; shipping address and billing address; purchase details (date, quantity and type, product code, sale amount, VAT number where applicable, information on complaints, returns, warranty and refunds, and other information relating to the sale of products on the Website), provided when registering on the Website or when using certain services, such as purchasing products online that may also be made without registration;
- Any contact with Burgio. through the Customer Service or the optional and spontaneous sending of messages, electronic or traditional mail, to the Burgio. contact details indicated on the Website entails the subsequent acquisition of the address, including e-mail, of the sender or the relevant telephone number, necessary to respond to requests, as well as any other personal data included in the relevant communications;
- Data related to your purchasing habits and preferences;
- Any data of third parties (e.g. recipients of products sent as gifts) which, although not using the features and services of the Website, may still be acquired by Burgio. as they are entered by the user as recipients of deliveries. In the case of data provided by third parties, you are obliged to assure Burgio. that you have expressly obtained their prior consent and you undertake to transfer to them the information contained in this policy.
You are responsible for ensuring that the personal information you provide to Burgio. is correct and, if there are any changes, to update this information by writing to Burgio. or by using the options allowed within your personal area, if you are registered.
1.3 Personal data collected through social media pages in use at Burgio.
Burgio. may also collect some of your personal information when you interact with the Burgio. social media pages (hereinafter, “Social Pages”). Some information is communicated to Burgio. directly by you, when you decide to share - through your profile - images posted on our Social Pages, comment on our posts and/or express your liking to one of our products, to one of our initiatives or even to one of our events through the selection of the appropriate buttons, as well as when you decide to write us a mail message using the private chat or other channels made available on the different social media.
We may also learn about some information indirectly collected as a result of your interaction with our Social Pages; for example, we may learn about the time and day you express your liking to one of our posts or send a request through a mail message.
1.4 Child data
Burgio. does not request, collect, use, or disclose personal data provided by persons under the age of 18. If Burgio. discovers that it has collected data from a minor, it will delete it. In case you are not of the required age, please do not register or proceed with the purchase of a product online and ask an adult (your parents or guardian) to carry out the necessary procedures.
2. Purpose and legal basis of personal data processing
Personal data are collected and processed electronically, including by electronic and informational means, in accordance with the principles of necessity, lawfulness, fairness, proportionality, and transparency for the purposes and under the conditions of lawfulness (so-called legal bases) set forth in the GDPR below:
2.1 To enable you to navigate our Website and allow you to take advantage of the services offered therein
- To provide you with the services you have requested (e.g., managing the registration and access processes to the Website, account management, user support, handling any complaints, managing your wishlist, viewing your order history, managing your shipping and billing addresses, checking the status of your orders, processing data for the provision of individual services you have requested, such as in-store purchase and pickup).
- For online order processing (e.g., performing online operations necessary for order processing; verifying that the information provided for the transaction is complete, valid, correct, and not fraudulent; processing the order and delivering the products; providing pre- and post-sale support services, including returns or handling legal warranties; and contacting you, including by e-mail, for any problems related to order processing or subsequent inquiries related to the order. Please note that Burgio. requires payment methods and payment card information only during the checkout process. This information will be sent securely to certified payment service providers for transaction authorization. Burgio. cannot view or access full payment card information under any circumstances.
- To provide you with assistance where requested by you through our Customer Service and to respond to your inquiry via e-mail or telephone;
In all the above cases, the legal basis for processing is the performance of a contract and the execution of pre-contractual measures.
2.2 Interaction with Social Pages
To allow you to interact with our Social Pages, send comments, express your appreciation for the initiatives promoted by Burgio., share our posts. We will process your data to allow you such activity and follow up on your requests transmitted through these channels.
Personal data, data relating to household composition, contact data, purchase data, browsing data and behaviour of Users on the Website, relating to the volume of spending and are processed in order to analyse your purchase habits and carry out analysis and market research to improve Burgio’s commercial offer. The legal basis for the processing is the User’s consent, if given. This consent can always be revoked through the user’s personal page, via the cookie settings or by contacting Burgio. customer service.
If the user has given consent to the use of profiling cookies on the Website, Burgio. may also, process the user’s contact information (particularly email address) and data disclosed by the user during interaction with the Social Pages - such as the information provided by the user to the social media according to the privacy settings selected on such social media - to show you marketing ads and content consistent with your interests, based on your preferences and consumption habits identified through cookies and/or other tracking systems of social media companies, including Meta Platforms Ireland Ltd. (“Meta”) and/or as a result of the analysis that the social media companies themselves perform on their users.
Your personal data, contact data and household composition data are used by Burgio. to send you through the channels authorized by you - such as, for example, telephone, mail or electronic communications, e-mail, SMS, digital platforms - marketing communications. Marketing activities may also be carried out by sharing your personal data with digital platforms (including those operated by Meta), as part of campaigns. In this way, Burgio. advertisements may be addressed to you in the spaces on the pages of the digital platforms. The legal basis for the processing is the user’s consent given. This consent can always be revoked through the User’s personal page, via the cookie settings or by contacting Burgio. customer service.
In the event that you have given consent for both the above profiling and marketing purposes, Burgio. may send you targeted offers, such as promotions and invitations suited to you and your preferences, based on the profiling and analysis of your data.
2.5 Exercise of the right of defense
Personal data are also processed to enable Burgio. to defend itself in court if disputes arise between it and the user. The legal basis for such processing is the legitimate interest of Burgio. Said legitimate interest does not affect the rights and freedoms of users, since the processing is necessary for the exercise of the constitutionally guaranteed right of defense.
2.6 Use and control operation of the Website and fulfillment of legal obligations
Personal data are processed to enable Burgio. to fulfill obligations imposed on it by laws, regulations or orders from competent authorities. The legal basis for the processing is the fulfillment of a legal obligation.
2.7 Improvement of Services
In addition, concurrently with the communication of concluded purchase, Burgio. may ask you to express your opinion on the service received. If you decide to provide your opinion on the service rendered, the answers you provide will be processed in aggregate form and on the basis of Burgio.’s legitimate interest in improving its services. However, completion of the questionnaire is entirely optional, so failure to provide the data does not have any kind of consequence on the user.
3. Nature of provision of personal data
With respect to the purposes set out in point 2, the provision of data marked with an asterisk within forms or forms available on the Website is mandatory for the purposes of providing the requested services (eg.registration on the Website, the receipt of service communications relating to purchases, etc.) and failure to provide, incomplete or untruthful communication will result in the impossibility of the provision of the requested service. The provision of personal data other than those indicated above is optional and any refusal will in no way affect the user’s ability to use the Website and to proceed to purchase products sold by Burgio., but will result in the impossibility, even partial, of pursuing the purposes indicated above (for example, Burgio. may not be able to send the user promotional material on products that may be of interest to the user).
4. Recipients of personal data and transfer to third countries
For the purposes of pursuing the above purposes, your personal data will be processed by authorized personnel of Burgio., as well as by authorized personnel of third parties acting as data processors (IT and customer service providers, virtual infrastructures, companies offering data entry and mailing services, etc.). In addition, the data may be communicated to the following categories of recipients, who always act as data processors: companies of the group to which Burgio. belongs for the performance of IT and logistical support, administration and accounting activities; companies appointed by Burgio. to send promotional communications; digital platforms that as part of marketing campaigns merely process data on our behalf (e.g. , Meta); to the payment service provider to enable the payment of purchases made on the Website, or their reimbursement if appropriate.
With regards to payments made for purchases on the Website, data pertaining to economic transactions are processed exclusively by online payment providers as autonomous controllers.
Where strictly necessary for the pursuit of the above-mentioned purposes, your personal data may also be communicated to autonomous third party data controllers, such as the competent Authorities (for example, in case of reporting of theft of the Card or management of litigation), notary and chamber of commerce (in case of participation in prize competitions) or PR companies (for participation in events), legal, tax or administrative consulting firms (if the communication is necessary or functional to the proper fulfilment of contractual obligations referred to the services offered by the Website, including the purchase contract, as well as obligations arising from the law or in the case of ascertaining, exercising or defending a right), to the acquirer (in order to enable the payment of purchases), to the provider of fraud prevention services (in order to carry out an analysis of the order to detect possible fraudulent transactions), to shippers and companies that deal with logistical support and manage the pick-up points for products purchased on the Website (Access Point).
In the event that you interact with the Social Pages, your data may be known to the companies that as data processors provide assistance and support to Burgio. in the management of its profiles present on the main social media.
In addition, your personal data may be shared with digital platforms (including Meta) as autonomous data controllers or joint data controllers (with Burgio.), as part of marketing campaigns based on tracking user activity (e.g., re-targeting and prospecting).
Further information on the categories of recipients can be found in the respective personal data processing notices in Section 2.
Personal data will not be disclosed or transferred to third parties for use for their own purposes.
In the event that Burgio. makes use of suppliers located in third countries outside the European Economic Area for the supply of services, it is committed to ensuring adequate levels of protection and safeguards also through contractual agreements, including the stipulation of standard contractual clauses referred to in Article 46 of the GDPR.
The list of data recipients is available by writing to the Burgio. addresses listed in the “Contact Information” section below.
5. Retention of personal data
Burgio. retains users’ Personal data for as long as is strictly necessary to pursue the purposes set forth in Paragraph 2, in compliance with civil and tax retention obligations and the limits provided by the GDPR and the law in general.
To this end, Burgio. specifies that the retention period of Personal Data for the above purposes is as follows:
5.1 Browsing the Website and using the services offered therein (e.g., registration on the Website, purchasing products as a guest, and sending service communications): personal data processed for said purpose will be kept for a period of 10 years from the termination of the contract under which the above-mentioned processing is carried out, in accordance with the provisions of the statute of limitations.
5.2 Interaction with Social Pages: the Personal Data processed for said purpose will be processed for a period of time equivalent to that determined by each Social Page with reference to the retention of posts and comments and, in general, user interactions on it.
5.3 Profiling: the Personal Data processed for said activities will be kept for a period of 7 years from the date of acquisition of consent. The user may in any case revoke his or her consent as specified in paragraph 2 in the section dedicated to the respective purposes.
5.4 Marketing: the Personal Data processed for said activities will be kept for a period of 7 years from the date of acquisition of consent. The user may in any case revoke their consent as specified in paragraph 2 in the section dedicated to the respective purposes.
5.5 Operation and Control Functioning of the Website and fulfillment of Legal Obligations: the Personal Data processed for said purposes will be processed for as long as it is necessary to resolve any bugs and malfunctions of the Website, as well as for as long as required by the legal regulations with which Burgio. must comply.
Burgio. recognizes the importance of protecting the personal data (e.g., identification and transaction data) of users of the Website. For this reason, Burgio. adopts policies and security measures of a technical and organizational nature to protect, in compliance with applicable regulations, users’ personal data and the information systems used to manage the Website. In particular, Burgio. has implemented technical, legal, and organizational measures to protect personal data against accidental or intentional tampering, loss, destruction, disclosure, or unauthorized access to data collected online.
However, although Burgio. continues to implement and improve security measures in line with the development of technology and industry standards, by the very nature of the Internet such measures cannot totally limit or exclude the risk of unauthorized access or dissemination of data. It is therefore recommended that you periodically update software for the protection of network data transmission (e.g., antivirus) and check that your electronic communication service provider has taken appropriate measures for the security of network data transmission (e.g., firewalls and spam filters). We would also like to remind you that access to your personal account, containing your personal data, is only possible by means of your username and password: to help us better protect this data, we therefore recommend that you do not communicate or make this information available to third parties.
With regard to payments made for online purchases, the Website uses systems designed to ensure maximum security through the use of the most advanced technological and encryption systems (SSL).
7. The rights of users
As a data subject you have the right to:
- receive confirmation of the existence of your personal data, access their content and obtain a copy (right of access);
- update, amend, and/or correct your personal data (right of rectification);
- request the deletion or limitation of the processing of data in the cases provided for in the GDPR, including where the data have been processed in violation of the law or where storage is not necessary in relation to the purposes for which the data were collected or otherwise processed (right to deletion and right to limitation);
- revoke consent, where given, at any time and without prejudice to the lawfulness of the processing based on the consent given before revocation (right to withdraw consent);
- within the limits of the GDPR, receive copies of the data you have provided in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format and request that such data be transmitted to another data controller if technically feasible (right to data portability).
You also have the right to object at any time to the processing of your data for direct marketing purposes including profiling insofar as it is related to such direct marketing and in cases where the processing is based on our legitimate interest (right to object).
You may exercise your rights at any time by writing to the following email address: mail supporto or by sending a registered letter to the following address: via ………
When contacting us, you will need to include your name, e-mail address, mailing address and/or phone number if provided in order to properly process your request.
Please note that requests for deletion of data are subject to existing legal and regulatory obligations regarding record retention.
Burgio. may require you to prove your identity and shall provide you with information regarding the action taken regarding a request within one month of receipt of the request. In accordance with the provisions of the GDPR, this period may be extended by two months if necessary, taking into account the complexity and number of requests: in such case, Burgio. shall inform you of such extension, and the reasons for the delay, within one month of receipt of the request.
At any time, you may file a complaint with the Supervisory Authority in case of violation of data protection regulations. For more information: https://www.garanteprivacy.it/home/diritti/come-agire-per-tutelare-i-tuoi-dati-personali
8. Data controller and data protection officer contact info
The Data Controller is: Burgio. srl, registered office in Florence, 50123, Via Francesco Domenico Guerrazzi 8.
All the contents of the site, including text, photography and graphics are the property of Burgio., except for those photographic contents owned by third parties and used with permission. All contents of the site are protected by Italian and European copyright laws, no content may be copied or even partially imitated without the prior written consent of Burgio..